What Is A Chemical Peel?
A chemical peel is a procedure in which a chemical solution is applied to the face to remove the top layer of skin The intent is to lessen wrinkles, discolored skin, and scars. It can be done as a stand-alone procedure or combining it with other cosmetic procedures.
Why is Chemical Peeling done?
Chemical peeling is applied to resurface the skin. Depending on the issues you are addressing with it, you can choose the intensity of the peel you request.
- Light chemical Peal. A light chemical peeling removes the first layer of skin (epidermis). It is used to treat wrinkles, acne, uneven skin tone, and dryness.
- Medium Chemical Peel. A medium chemical peel is used to remove skin cells from the epidermis and a portion of the upper part of the middle layer of the skin dermis. It is also used to cure wrinkles, acne scars, and uneven skin tone.
- Deep Chemical Peel. A deep chemical peel is used to treat precancerous growth and skin scars.
What are the Benefits Of a Chemical Peeling?
Chemical peeling can improve many skin issues. It may help to treat ….
- Acne: Acne is a common inflammatory skin condition. It is also treated with topical products or oral medication, but it also helps The procedure contains kills bacteria, oil production, and inflammation and increases the absorption of topical treatment.
- Acne Scars: Acne scars heal. The skin creates new collagen fibers to repair lesions that have been created by inflamed skin. It creates hypertrophic scars, bumpy or raised or atrophic scars that cause depression in your skin. A chemical peel exfoliates the top skin layer which removes excess collagen, so it is helpful.
- Rosacea: Its inflammatory condition causes redness of the skin and swelling. If it also causes an acne-like breakout, it’s known as acne rosacea.
- Aging Skin: Chemical peeling may reduce skin aging, including wrinkles, fine lines, age spots, uneven skin tone, roughness, and dryness. When skin grows back after chemical peeling, it faces the production of collagen and elastin which help our skin to be supple and strong, reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
- Hyperpigmentation: Chemical peeling can improve other forms of pigmentations such as uneven skin tone, melasma, freckles, surgical scars, scars due to injury, and discoloration due to sun damage.
- Dullness: If you have a dull complexion, you may benefit from a chemical peel. The treatment allows new skin to resurface, which may help look your complexion brighter and healthier.
- Precancerous growths: Due to years of sun exposure, Actinic Keratoses are caused which are rough skin patches. They are precancerous growth since they potentially grow as skin cancer. A deep chemical peel can remove these growths and causes decreasing cancer of the skin.
What Are The Side Effects of Chemical Peeling?
The most common side effects might include:
- Redness, scabbing, and swelling after chemical peeling redness are causes for a few months.\
- Changes in skin color
- Heart kidney and liver damage
How Much Does a Chemical Peel Cost?
Pricing for a chemical peel can range — drastically, from a low of $200 to a high of almost 46,000. Ask us about our special by adding a chemical peel to any of our other facials.
At Pure Laser Skincare a peel starts at $125, and depends on skin type. Receive 30% off for a package of three (3).
Where Can I get a Chemical Peel Near Me?
In the New York City metro area, as well as Nassau County Long island, you can schedule an appointment at Pure Laser Skincare Sap in Alberton, New York.
Contact Us | View More Facial Treatments