Spray tanning is the process in which fine mist is sprayed on your body. It contains the ingredient called Dihydroxyacetone (DHA). This is not a chemical, but it is a natural product. It is obtained by fermenting glycerin, frequently derived from plant sources like sugar beets and sugar cane. This ingredient reacts with your skin cell to turn them into bronze color or tan.
Why Spray is Better Than Sunbathing
The darker you get by the suntan, the more you need the spray tan. There is a specific amount or concentration of DHA in spray tans. It varies from person to person. It depends on your skin condition and how much your body needs to be tanned. Spray tans are recommended by the American Academy of Dermatology Association, Canadian Dermatology Association, and the American Medical Association as a safer alternative to sunbathing. DHA is approved by the FDA, and it is considered a non-toxic and non-carcinogen.
Benefits of Spray Tanning
- When done in a salon, spray tanning gives you an even tan all over your body.
- You get to pick the best product for your skin type in addition to the ideal color. An experienced salon can even advise you on how to get ready for spray tanning, how to keep it up, and how to make the best decisions.
- Spray tans dry quickly and don’t leave any untanned skin patches behind.
- It is economical.
- It is less dangerous than tanning outdoors. The latter could age your skin prematurely and permanently harm it.
Choosing the best spray tans for your skin?
If you want to protect your skin from sun damage, then you must tan your body. You can ask your dermatologist or skin doctor to recommend the best spray tan for your skin.
For I listened you need a separate institution that contains ingredients like vitamin E and aloe Vera they are lighter, and they will not clog the pores of the skin
For susceptible dry skin. You need a separate and which contains hydrating ingredients such as coconut water and argan oil.
How Long Do Spray Tans Last?
The longevity of the separate depends upon you. But you can expect that you separate end with the last five to 10 days. the shade you choose also determines this. For example, if you want a light skin color then it will feel off after some time because of its lighter application.
What to wear for getting a spray tans?
It is advised to wear dark clothes and make sure that your clothes are loose to prevent any straps or the indentation or streaks on the tan.
Dos and Don’ts of Spray Tanning
- Don’t moisturize thoroughly at least 24 hours before the spray tan
- don’t wax at least 24 hours before a spray tan
- Don’t apply any deodorant perfume or moisture before your spray tanning.
- After getting a spray tanning, DO wear loose, dark clothing for the rest of the day or night. Do not touch leather until after you’ve taken a shower because it will stain.
- Contact with oil will remove your spray tan, so AVOID it.
- Do not wax or shave because doing so will remove your spray tanning.
- If you must exfoliate after 5 to 6 days, only on rough areas like the elbows, heels, and knees.
- On the seventh or eighth day of your tan, DO take a long bath to soak it all off using an exfoliant, ensuring that your skin is tan-free before your next one. Uneven development can result from applying tan on top of an existing tan.
Where to Get Spray Tanning
Pure Laser Skincare is a premier sun tan salon located in Albertson NY, in Nassau County, Long Island. Ask about special offers